WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies and other similar technologies such as local shared objects, flash cookies or pixels, are small files that some platforms, such as websites, can install on the user's equipment (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.).
Their functions can be very varied: store your browsing preferences, collect statistical information, enable certain technical functionalities...
Sometimes, cookies are used to store basic information about the user's browsing habits or equipment, to the point, depending on the case, of being able to recognize the user.
Cookies are useful for several reasons. From a technical point of view, they allow web pages to work in a more agile and adapted to your preferences, such as storing your language or the currency of your country.
In addition, they help website operators to improve their services, thanks to the statistical information they collect through them.
Finally, they serve to make the advertising we show you more efficient, thanks to which we can offer you our services free of charge.
For more information about cookies, visit Your Online Choices España or http://www.allaboutcookies.org/es/.
COOKIES AFFECTED BY THE REGULATION AND EXCEPTED COOKIES
With the modification of the "Ley de Servicios de la Sociedad de la Información" (LSSICE) established by the Royal Decree 13/2012, it is mandatory to obtain the express consent of the user of all web pages that use dispensable cookies, before the user navigates through them.
The cookies that require the user's informed consent are analytical cookies and advertising and affiliation cookies, with the exception of those of a technical nature and those necessary for the operation of the website or the provision of services expressly requested by the user.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES ARE THERE?
There are different types of cookies.
At a first level we can differentiate between:
- Own cookies: They belong to and are managed by the owner of the website.
- Third-party cookies: They belong to and are managed by third parties outside the owner.
Cookies can be "session" cookies, which are deleted once the user leaves the web page that generated them, or "persistent" cookies, which remain on your computer for a programmed period of time that can last for years.
In addition, cookies can be classified according to the purpose for which they were created:
- Technical and functional cookies: are those strictly necessary for the use of the site and for the provision of the service.
- Analytics cookies: We use analytics cookies to help us understand how users use our website. For example, we use them to count the number of different people who visit our site or use a particular feature, rather than the total number of times the site or feature is used. Without this cookie, if you visit the site once a week for three weeks, we would count you as three separate users. Without these cookies, it would be very difficult for us to analyze the performance of our website and improve it.
- Customization cookies: allow the user to configure the design, language, preferences, etc. of your browser.
- Advertising and behavioral cookies: are used to carry out an effective management of advertising spaces that have been included in a website or application from which the service is provided. They are useful to adapt the advertising offered to the interests of users, as they collect information about their preferences. They are used in marketing techniques such as retargeting.
- Affiliate cookies: track visits from websites with which a site has established an affiliation contract.
Own cookies used by our website,
- Session cookies, to ensure that users who write comments on the blog are human and not automated applications. In this way, spam is combated.
- Essential, some of the cookies on our website are essential to enable us to provide you with the service you have requested. An example of this are the cookies used to enable you to log in to your account on the website, place products in your shopping cart or those that enable communication between your browser and the website.
Third-party cookies used by our website,
- Google Analytics: Stores cookies to compile statistics on traffic and volume of visits to this website. By using this website you are consenting to the processing of information about you by Google. Therefore, the exercise of any rights in this regard should do so by communicating directly with Google.
- Social networks: Each social network uses its own cookies so that you can click on buttons such as Like or Share.
HOW TO DELETE BROWSER COOKIES
1. You can restrict, block or delete cookies from our website (or any other), using your browser. In each browser the operation is different. The 'Help' function will show you how to do this. However, the following provides guidance to the User on the steps to access the configuration menu of cookies and, where appropriate, private browsing in each of the major browsers:
Microsoft Edge: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings. For more information, you can consult Microsoft support or the browser's Help.
Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom Settings. For more information, you can consult Mozilla support or the browser's Help.
Chrome: Settings -> Show advanced options -> Privacy -> Content settings. For more information, you can consult Google support or the browser's Help.
Safari: Preferences -> Security. For more information, you can consult Apple support or the browser's Help.
2. Using third-party tools, such as Ghostery or Your online choices (www.ghostery.com /// www.youronlinechoices.com/es/).